2021 Badger State Winter Games Snowmobile Torch Ride
Posted on: January 20, 2021
2021 Badger State Winter Games Snowmobile Torch Ride from Wausau, WI to Eagle River, WI. The Torch Ride involves 14 snowmobile clubs, 4 counties, and over 200 miles of snowmobile trails. The Torch Ride is a two-day event.
DAY 1 Thursday, January 14th at 7:30 am at the Trailmates Snowmobile Club in Wausau, WI. The Torch Ride stopped in Merrill, Tomahawk, Hazlehurst, Minocqua/Woodruff, and Arbor Vitae.
DAY 2 Friday, January 15th started at 7:30 am at Cross Country Cruisers Snowmobile Clubhouse in Arbor Vitae, WI with stops in Sayner, St. Germain, Sugar Camp, Three Lakes and ending in Eagle River at the World Snowmobile Championship Derby Complex. Opening Ceremony for the World Championship races began at 6pm and Badger State Games lighting of the Torch and Badger State Winter Games Caldron.
• Day 1 of Torch Run: Joe Richie handing the torch off to Sue Suchy Representative of the Cross Country Cruisers Snowmobile Club, Arbor Vitae, WI at the Minocqua Chamber.
• End of the Day 1: putting the torch to bed at the Cross Country Cruisers Clubhouse, Arbor Vitae.
• Fred Suchy and Wayde Kraeger preparing for the start of Day 2 of the Torch Run 2021. The Cross Country Cruisers provided donuts with coffee, hot chocolate and juice to start the day.
• Representatives of KAOS – the AWSC Youth Group.
• Lighting the Torch at the Cross Country Cruisers Clubhouse getting ready to start Day 2 of the Torch Run 2021. Passing off the torch to the Sayner Barnstormers.
• Fred Suchy representing the Cross Country Cruisers handing off the torch to the Sayner Barnstorms on Day 2 of the Torch Run 2021.